Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 4 of 30 Days of Things that Scare Me

So after that last post...what happened could not have been more...I don't want to say perfect. I had the opportunity to reach out and help someone, to encourage them along a journey that I didn't even know that they were on. An acquaintance that I had sold my triathlon bike to revealed that she had a suicide attempt exactly 10 years ago. To commemorate her survival, she is embarking on an Ironman triathlon this year and independently raising money for suicide prevention and awareness on college campuses.

My jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw this and I knew I had to reach out to her and to donate. We're not close friends, she and I, but I saw this opportunity to help in a way that I was capable of and I hope it worked. 

I've been slack on my list the past couple of days but I am starting anew!  Today My goal is to reclaim my independence that I've been acquiescing, slowly, bit by bit lately because it's been easier to let someone else drive. Today is the first day I am going to start to get it back.

Insert cheesy video here:


No comments:

Post a Comment